Pears are crunchy, juicy and sweet with white creamy flesh. They are rounder and larger compared to regular pears.
• Rich in folate
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin K
Prevents High Blood Pressure and Strokes
Korean Singo Pears are high in potassium and may help in maintaining healthy blood pressure, which is the leading risk factor of strokes.
Heals the Throat and Vocal Cords
The natural fruit acid in fresh fruit can cause a burning sensation if you have a sore throat. Korean Singo Pears are less-acidic and contain vitamins and minerals that helps your body fight infections by supporting the immune system.
How to enjoy Pears:
Try these deliciously simple ways to enjoy them.
• poaching, preserving, chutneys, salsa, dips
• sweet salads, sweet soups, substitute apples with pears for a low-fat yummy cobbler
• snacking: fresh, with or without the skin, and either straight from the fruit bowl or chilled from the fridge
• grilled with cheese for a tasty sandwich or add a dash of cinnamon for pear toast
• add to your oatmeal for an alternate breakfast dish or top any cereal with pear chunks
• add other Go Fruits’ fruit for a super delightful healthy fruit salad
• add to desserts, salads, coleslaw, chicken, fish and meat dishes, stir fries, casseroles, frittatas
• smoothies, juice, punch
• pancakes, waffles, muffins, pear and apple sauce