Sweet Globe grapes are seedless, medium to large in size, with a round to oval-shaped berry. The grape has a pale green skin that can also have tinted spots on it. The flesh holds a crisp texture & the skin is thin and almost always bump-free. Flavor is mild, acids are low, but the texture & sweetness combination makes this a very attractive option.
• Vitamin K
• Vitamin C
Helps with Blood Clotting
The body needs vitamin K to produce the enzyme prothrombin which helps with bleeding and makes bones stronger. People who take blood-thinning medication should avoid taking more vitamin K without speaking to their doctor first.
Grapes are a great source of phytonutrients like flavonoids, which help to slow down the ageing process. They also contain quercetin, a type of flavonoid which may protect your cells. There is evidence that quercetin offers a number of health benefits. Studies have shown that it can be an anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antioxidant agent.
Improves Cognitive Function
Some research has shown that taking resveratrol (in supplement form) can help improve memory and mood in older adults. It can also help improve attention span and cognitive function.
Regulates Blood Sugar
Resveratrol has been shown to be helpful for people with type 2 diabetes. It may improve glycaemic control and decrease insulin resistance, both of which are helpful for people with diabetes.
How to Enjoy Sweet Globe Grapes:
With their natural sweetness and juicy bursts of flavour, grapes can be delicious in all kinds of dishes. Check out some ideas below:
• Frozen for a chilled snack or add to the kid’s lunch boxes
• Fresh, eating straight from the vines
• Juiced and chilled, even as a slushie
• Roasting with oil, salt and pepper
• Tossed in salads or accompanied with other gofruit fruits for a refreshing fruit salad
• Fruit kebabs or try with meat and vegetables
• Salsa for chicken, fish or meat
• Poach pears in grape juice
• Dipped in melted chocolate and allowed to hardened for a delicious dessert
• Grape and cheese platters
• Relish, chutney, pancakes and muffins
Order sweet globe grapes today via WhatsApp.