• Vitamin C
• Soluble fibre
Sugar plum is rich in vitamin C which is great for boosting your immunity & slowing down the signs of ageing. They’re also a water-soluble vitamin that repairs cells.
Plums are a terrific food for weight loss as they are very low in calories and contain no saturated fat – but do contain compounds that provide health benefits such as antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
The compounds in plums such as dietary fiber, sorbitol, vitamin C and isatin have been found to help regulate the digestive system. Consequently, they’re also important for relieving constipation and boosting the immune system.
Plums are an excellent source of iron and potassium, both minerals that are needed to build red blood cells as well as keep your heart rate and blood pressure normal.
Plums also provide plant nutrients called phosphonols that have antioxidant effects. These antioxidants may help avoid the damage to cells that may lead to cancer, heart diseases and degeneration which could lead to aging.
Benefits of Eating Antioxidant-Rich Foods
1. Treats Constipation
2. Improves Heart Health
3. Lowers Diabetes Risk
How to enjoy Sugar Plums:
Plums are a must-have superfood that have been around for hundreds of years. They come in numerous colours and sizes, tasty enough to enjoy all on their own. They’re also packed with lots of valuable nutrients – the perfect way to stay healthy.
From easy snacks to delicious desserts, there are plenty of exciting ways to include plums in your diet:
• Fresh straight from the fruit bowl or chilled from the fridge
• As a topping for your breakfast cereals, waffles and pancakes
• Mixed into your yoghurt, add to ice cream
• Smoothies; experimenting with other Go Fruits’ fruits for something different and unique
• Juices, cocktails
• Add them to your salads, combine with other Go Fruits’ fruits for a healthy and light fruit salad
• Fresh plum sauces, jams, chutneys or glazed to compliment meat dishes
• Grilled, caramelised, poached and frozen for desserts, dried for trail mixes
• Baked: pies, cakes, puddings, cakes, tarts, biscuits
Plums go well with: ginger, sesame, honey, lemons and oranges, cinnamon, balsamic vinegar, other stone fruits.
We offer more than sugar plum and you may always request a fruit brochure from us through WhatsApp.