Packham pear has a rounded base and a slender neck. The flesh is white, creamy and smooth to the touch, with a sweet taste.
• Rich in insoluble fibre
• Vitamin C
Packham Pear Benefits
1. Helps Repair Cells
Vitamin C is essential for cell growth, tissue repair and preventing oxidative damage. It boosts immunity, speeds up the healing process and protects against infections. Not only does it taste great, but pear skin also has a high antioxidant level and provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
2. Lowers the Risk of Diabetes
Studies have shown that pears could help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes. As a result of the fiber and anthocyanins in pears, digestion slows down which gives your body more time to break down and absorb carbohydrates. This regulates blood sugar levels and prevents or controls diabetes.
3. Lowers the Risk of Chronic Disease
Pears are a great source of Fibre and flavonols called Quercetin. This helps with lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. They also reduce the risk of strokes since they provide crucial nutrients for your heart health. White fruit is even better, as it contains more quercetin’s than red fruit.
Foods high in fibre help you to feel full and can improve digestive health. The materials they contain also have a positive effect on your heart and are linked with reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
4. May Protect Against Certain Cancers
Pears have been associated with reducing the risk of certain cancers, including oral cavity and laryngeal, oesophageal and colorectal. The antioxidant compounds in pears are thought to play a part in this association.
5. Eases Hangover Symptoms
You might have heard of people drinking pear juices to avoid hangovers. It can lower a person’s blood alcohol level and this is why it’s been proven that pears are a great way to manage your cholesterol, prevent constipation and for the fact that they work as an anti-inflammatory.
How to enjoy Pears:
Try these deliciously simple ways to enjoy them.
• Poaching, preserving, chutneys, salsa, dips
• Sweet salads, sweet soups, substitute apples with pears for a low-fat yummy cobbler
• Snacking: fresh, with or without the skin, and either straight from the fruit bowl or chilled from the fridge
• Grilled with cheese for a tasty sandwich or add a dash of cinnamon for pear toast
• Add to your oatmeal for an alternate breakfast dish or top any cereal with pear chunks
• Add other Go Fruits’ fruit for a super delightful healthy fruit salad
• Add to desserts, salads, coleslaw, chicken, fish and meat dishes, stir fries, casseroles, frittatas
• Smoothies, juice, punch
• Pancakes, waffles, muffins, pear and apple sauce
We offer more than Packham Pear and you may always request a fruit brochure from us through WhatsApp.
We might not be able to update the product availability on time, if you find it out of stock, please WhatsApp us for latest stock update – WhatsApp Mr.Nick